Hookmark 5 Public Beta 4 is now available for download!

Happy New Year! Hookmark 5.0 Beta 4 is now available for download.

I previously summarized what’s new in Hookmark 5. And what was new in Beta 3.

Please recall, Hookmark 5 replaced the Title button with the Action button.

New in Beta 4 (compared to beta 3).

• FIXED: Custom Hook to New apps/template are not respected. If you changed the default app to be invoked with ⌘N, then Hookmark’s ⌘N may not work for you.
  • FIXED: New title menu’s ⌥⌘R Reveal Page in Pinboard clashes with Show Recent.
  • IMPROVED: Placed a divider above Title menu in Gear > Advanced> .

Gratitude

Thank you for the bug reports on Beta 4!

And to all for trying out these betas. Much appreciated.

Eligibility for updates

Hookmark software updates are free to any “Hook” (now known as Hookmark) CogSci Apps customer with a Hookmark Updates license that was valid at the time the update was released. Hookmark Pro and Hookmark Essentials each come with one year of free access to software updates.

If your Hookmark (formerly “Hook”) Updates license has expired and you apply this update, please note that Hookmark will revert to Lite mode until you purchase and apply an Updates license. However, you can also revert to a previous version of Hookmark that was released during your Updates License period. Upgrading from Essentials to Pro includes an additional 12-month Updates license.

2 Likes

I can’t see Copy as Universal Link when I have holded down Option in Hookmark 5 Beta 4 (or previous v ersions). Isn’t this a BUG?

Welcome to the Hookmark Forum , @ocean_ripple. And thanks for asking about this command.

The command is not available in any web browser, because web resources are already web links.

• Have you tried on a file, or in Apple Notes.
  • what version of macOS?

We will roll out documentation soon…

Yes, you’re right, it works fine, I didn’t realize it is not available in web browser.

1 Like

Hi! Would it be possible to use Hookmark 5 if I’m using Hookmark via Setapp? If not, do you have maybe some ETA for release of v5? It’s my third day using Hookmark and I absolutely love your work, the flexibility of workflow thanks to these features is insane :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, @piotr ! And Welcome to the Hookmark Forum.

Yes you can use Hookmark 5. But you’ll need to

1. quit both versions of Hookmark.
  2. Copy Hook’s Setapp library folder over to Hookmark’s sand alone library folder . They’re both in ~/Library/Application\
  3. relaunch Hookmark

We advise against rolling backwards from one version of Hookmark to another. So if you switch to 5, then don’t switch back to Setapp until Setapp has 5 (as an example).

Cf. Hookmark Setapp FAQ (frequently asked questions) – Hookmark re the folders.

It works like a charm! Thank you so much, universal links are a brilliant addition!

1 Like