Hookmark 5 Public Beta 3 is now available for download!

Happy New Year! Hookmark 5.0 Beta 3 is now available for download.

I won’t repeat my prior summary of what’s new in Hookmark 5.

New in beta 3 compared to beta 2

If you’re new to Hookmark, you can ignore these advanced commands for now.

However, everyone using Hookmark 5 public beta 2 should upgrade to this one, because it reintroduces some of the old keyboard shortcuts (the Link menu).

Compared to Hookmark 5 public 2, the third beta introduces two new menu items in the context (popup) window 's Gear menu’s Advanced menu

1. Title > …
  2. Link > …

The way to think of these menus is: we’ve basically
a) moved the old Title button’s menu items into this Title menu;
b) moved the old Link button’s menu items into this Link menu.

They are buried in Gear > Advanced for a reason. You won’t normally access them using the gear menu. They are for keyboarders, particularly for people who are used to to the old Title menu and Link menu that is otherwise obsolete in Hookmark 5 (replaced by a selection-sensitive Action menu).

You’ll notice the Link menu commands have the same shortcuts as the old Link menu (the one from the sandwich button on the links). Those keyboard shortcuts still work. The Link menu commands are a lot more handy than the Title menu commands IMO. They operate on whatever link is selected (whether it is the primary or secondary selection.

The Link menu commands save you from having to fully select a link in below the titlebar, because they operate on the secondary selection (or the primary selection if it is a link).

Also, we have included our recent update to InDesign integration.

Gratitude

thank you all for being helping each other, helping CogSci Apps , and making Hookmark a better product!!

Eligibility for updates

Hookmark software updates are free to any “Hook” (now known as Hookmark) CogSci Apps customer with a Hookmark Updates license that was valid at the time the update was released. Hookmark Pro and Hookmark Essentials each come with one year of free access to software updates.

If your Hookmark (formerly “Hook”) Updates license has expired and you apply this update, please note that Hookmark will revert to Lite mode until you purchase and apply an Updates license. However, you can also revert to a previous version of Hookmark that was released during your Updates License period. Upgrading from Essentials to Pro includes an additional 12-month Updates license.

Note: the CMD N shortcut does work. Selecting it from the menu works fine (Hook to New Ominfocus in my case), but the keyboard shortcut does not do anything.

This issue is fixed in beta 4 released a few minutes ago: Hookmark 5 Beta-4 Release Notes and Download Link – Hookmark. Thanks for reporting it!

To prevent confusion , I’m closing this topic. Please provide feedback on latest build in this topic Hookmark 5 Public Beta 4 is now available for download! - Releases - Hookmark Forum.