Hook Version 1.0-beta (2087) is now available for download.
Thanks to members of this forum who generously provided feedback on Hook public beta!
- Corrected an inconsistency in how the Hook version and build information were displayed in “About” and “Software Update” dialog boxes. (Issue 3182).
- Fixed a typo in the “Hook has been successfully authorized!” dialog box regarding the Hook window keyboard shortcut (it is “⌘⇧spacebar”, not “⇧␣”). (Issue 3193)
- Optimized Hook’s Things script, preventing Hook from freezing when interacting with Things when there are large numbers of items in Things. (Issue 3142)
- Fixed an issue with Firefox that affected menu bar icon linking., where “clicking on the Hook icon in the menubar window only briefly flashes the Hook window then it closes.” (Issue 3125)
- Fixed an issue whereby during an Export, Hook could get stuck in a hidden modal Export dialog box. (Issue 3174)
- Display script bundle version number in Script Editor tab of Hook’s Preferences window. (Issue 3169)
- Added a help section to Hook’s gear menus and expanded the number of documents referenced in them. (Issue 3196).
- Added support for Brave browser. Thanks to Hook forum contributor, JohnAtl.. (Issue 3165).
Please note that we also make script updates available via Hook’s Script update mechanism (can be enabled in Hook preferences), and we tend to do so more frequently than app updates. Therefore, some of the above fixes may already be in your Hook instance.
- We introduced some changes towards Ulysses support (linking via menu bar icon), but the support is incomplete: Integration with Ulysses is limited by Ulysses’ current scripting limitations.
- Hook beta expiration date postponed in this build to 15 March.