[FIXED] Drag from Firefox address bar to Hook menu icon causes error

I get an error message: “Error: node creation problem” when I try to drag a link to a web page from the Firefox address bar to the Hook toolbar icon.

Same for me. FF 65.0 (64-bit) MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 OS X 10.11.13 4GB RAM – bug seems to be confined to URLs.

does this happen when the page is fully loaded. You’ve got the latest macOS, I presume?

I’m surprised you can get that far with macOS 10.11, as 10.12 is required.

Yes, it happens every time I try it, even after the page has been fully loaded. I’m running macOS 10.13.6.

I’ve experimented with Hook’s script settings, after adding Firefox as an app, but it doesn’t seem to be helping.

Thanks @jrivett and @stuzog . We are investigating.

(Internal#: CSA-Issue#3111.)

FYI, this problem does not occur with Safari, Vivaldi, or Chrome.

Also with FF, clicking on the Hook icon in the menubar Hook window only briefly flashes the Hook window then it closes. Only S-C-spacebar will open the Hook window. It’s probably the same issue… maybe.

Apologies for the delay on this issue. Supporting firefox well is important to us. (In our tests it did work). The developer to which this is assigned has not been able to work , and won’t be available until Monday.

Fixed in Hook 1.0-public beta build 2058

1 Like

this one we think we’ve fixed, but it is not included in in build 2058, as we need to do more testing.