Hook 3.2 Public beta is now available for testing!
- Hook 3.2 introduces a new syncing option, iCloud syncing, for compatibility with the upcoming Hook companion app for iPhone and iPad. That is the main area of testing for this release.
- Hot on the heals of Pinboard integration, Hook 3.2 adds significant new integration with the Instapaper bookmarking service.
- New app integrations: Merlin Project, Fantastical, GoodLinks and Zoom.
- Hook 3.2 also introduces other significant features, such as
Copy Selection and Link, choose your own Hook folder,
Open All Hooked Itemsand
⌃Hto invoke Hook.
Please also note:
- we’ve moved the Gear button back down to the status bar.
- the first time you launch this version of Hook, Hook’s initialization period might be slow due to Hook updating its internal database. Please let Hook startup instead of force quitting it.
Before installing beta software please make sure you back up Hook data.
To give us feedback about Hook 3.2 BETA please email us at email@example.com, “Hook 3.2 BETA” in the subject header and the build number in the message.
Please see Hook 3.2 Public Beta- Release Notes – Hook for more information.
Thank you to everyone who gave us feedback towards this new version of Hook. I’m sure your fellow Hook users will appreciate the new functionality.
Thank you to
- Frank Blome and team at Project Wizards for multiple communications towards integration between Merlin Project and Hook, and adding an AppleScript API for linking.
- Ngoc Luu developer of GoodLinks app for multiple discussions towards integration between GoodLinks and Hook, including their linking. and adding an x-callback-url API for linking.
- Michael Simmons and team at Flexibits for multiple communications towards integration between Fantastical Hook, and adding an AppleScript to Fantastical API for linking.
- 2021-07-24 09:31: Added Zoom to the summary