See the potential but not getting the workflow

We will roll out a “Recent” feature. We plan a section of the Hook window for it that you can easily show/hide. I.e., Hook window will have more sections than the current “HOOKED LINKS” section. We’ve internally added a section which will be in the next release. Working on a related feature. “Recent” will come some time after that , but hard to predict ETA. We’ve wanted it for a long time too :slight_smile: .

1 Like

There are now new note taking apps that offer bi-directional linking, such as Obsidian, that keeps notes local and Roam Research that does it all in the cloud. The beauty of Hook is that it can do bi-directional linking across documents of different apps. Once you get the hang of it, this saves time, and it solves a whole different problem. Hook is an amazing solution!

1 Like

Have you found a way to create a link of a markdown file while in Obsidian using Hook?

No, that does not work yet. But if you create MD files in IA writer for example, you can save these in a folder that Obsidian can read.

1 Like

I have started a topic on our forum: Linking Obsidian resources to anything - Discussion & Help - Hook Productivity Forum. Let’s continue the local Obsidian convo there.

And I have answered this topic kindly started by @haberjr : Compatibility with Hook Productivity on Mac OS - Feature requests - Obsidian Forum. It might help if Hook users upvote that.

1 Like