1. App enhancements
- NEW. In Preferences pane, clicking sync folder icon now opens the folder.
Hook to New…menu (⌃⌘M) loads more quickly.
- UPDATED. New installations of Hook get a built-in template for TaskPaper.
UPDATED. Clicking on title bar more reliably leads to Title menu. Users who still have difficulty seeing the title menu by clicking the title bar may disable title-bar-dragging by pasting this in
defaults read com.cogsciapps.hook preference.can.drag.via.title. Or use ⌃T keyboard shortcut.
- UPDATED. Hook’s startup splash screen label and behavior have been improved. More efficiency and modernization coming soon.
UPDATED. Hook now observes the macOS Finder substitute setting, enabling users to use Path Finder or other apps with Hook’s universal
Reveal File in Findercommand.
UPDATED. The RTF info generated by
Copy Linknow emits a non-Unicode fallback character for each Unicode character. Thanks to Nisus for the tip.
- UPDATED. Several label changes in menu bar window and notifications issued when user hooks items together.
- FIXED. Hook sync now runs even if the MacBook is disconnected from power.
- FIXED. Hook’s Script Editor is advertised as a Pro-only feature on Hook’s Buy page; however it was not disabled in Essentials mode. Now it is.
FIXED. Names of links created via
Copy a Search Link from Clipboardno longer contain special characters for the spaces they (the characters) encoded.
- FIXED. Attempting to remove the hook for an invalid bookmark (via automation) will no longer crash Hook.
FIXED. Before Hook 1.6, when the title of a resource included
/(forward slash) and user applied a form of
Hook to Newthat creates a file in Finder, the name of the new file used to be truncated from the
/onwards. Now Hook simply replaces
FIXED. In the context of Finder, opening a file (e.g., by double-clicking or with ⌘O) whose name ends with mixed or upper case versions of
.hOok), rather than
.hook, would invoke Hook’s contextual window. Now it causes Hook to open the first URL in the file, if there is one.
2. Updated integrations with your favorite apps
2.1 Hook supports deep-linking with Curio
Hook 1.6 takes advantage of the newly released Curio 14 API which supports deep-linking. This means that Hook can now link to specific items in Curio.
Rather than using
hook://file URLs, Hook’s
Copy Link and
Copy Markdown Link commands now return a
curio:// URL. This means that you can now get links to specific organizer items in Curio documents, and even to objects within them (mind maps, pinboards, albums, index cards, lists, etc.)!
For more information check out Hook’s integration release notes (v. 117).
2.2 Other integration updates
- Adobe Illustrator. Hook can now be invoked even if AI’s palettes are visible.
- Drafts and Agenda app integration slightly updated.
If you enable automatic updates, you may have received updates for most of the above.
Mellel. Links garnered from Hook’s
Copy Linkand pasted into Mellel now work as expected.
- Apple’s Notes.app is no longer included in the list of
Link to Newitems, which is in line with our previous updates per Apple Notes and Hook.
FYI: right out of the box, Hook supports the brand new diagram editor for Mac, Diagrams .
The Hook integration server automatically provides updates to Hook clients. They are also bundled into new versions of the app.
3. For more information
Thanks to everyone for using Hook and contributing to it!