Zavala support?

a useful outline app

2 Likes

Thank you. We will have a look

1 Like

Hi Team,

@bchend @LucB

Trust you are doing well!

I use this app as well - Zavala is great, and open source. The developer, Maurice, has a simple and wonderful micro blog, where he talks about his inspiring nomadic life in a van and his coding projects.

He’s really responsive with bug reports on Github, and he seems to have already opened one to create an applescript that could integrate Hook with Zavala. Interestingly, that was opened in May 2022, and this thread was last active in March 2022. So here I am, reviving them both :slight_smile:

I see that Zavala has a Copy Document Link command in the Edit menu, which returns the kind of links Hook looks for I believe - zavala://document?...blah-blah-blah. I tried to write a script but failed - it seems AppleScript is more difficult than I thought. But I suspect Zavala’s dictionary is insufficient somehow?!

Also, weirdly (after the Hook 5.0 update), I noticed that I can’t use the Focus on Link in Clipboard command for this link that Zavala gives (not that I could really use it - since it probably wouldn’t give me a document name, making things worse!)

I’ll post a comment on his GitHub issue to alert him about this thread I’m opening here. Hopefully, there can be some sort of meaningful discussions to make the hook work!

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank for contacting us!

I just created a new script for Zavala. In an outline window, it can get the title of the outline. But in Zavala main window, it can’t. You can always use Hookmark’s rename function to enter the title.

You can go to Hookmark preferences window → Update ->Check now to update the script. Script version is 256.

Thank you

3 Likes

Hi @bchend!

Appreciate your support with the quick scripting!

I think this is super helpful considering the limited scripting support we seem to have for Zavala (but a little cumbersome, since the main window usually has the notes attached to it, and here we need to open the note in a new window each time).
I’m hoping Maurice would be able to do something about my request on the Github issue to make the hooking process more efficient.

Thank you!

1 Like