Version 168 of Hook integration with your favorite software (plus Adobe Acrobat painware) is available today.
This integration update packs improvements some of which were built into 3.0 itself, namely:
Hook to NewCraft Mac app
- NEW: Support NetNewsWire Mac app
- New: Adobe Acrobat deep linking (joins the club that includes PDFpenPro and Skim PDF apps). This requires a 2021 version of Adobe Acrobat. Big Sur may be required for optimal Acrobat integration.
- Updated: Obsidian Mac app integration
- Updated: Spillo news reader integration
This integration update also includes changes that are not in the Hook 3.0 build:
- Updated: Adobe integration (as discussed elsewhere on this forum)
Hook’s automatic software update (if enabled) automatically updates Hook’s integration scripts without you needing to relaunch Hook. Using Hook’s
Check for App Updates and Update Scripts command also updates the scripts, without you needing to relaunch Hook.
NB: Some of the features in this software update require Hook 3.0
As noted above, some of the features above are already in Hook 3.0.
Reminder: if you have overridden any integration script you need to to remove the override (click the “-” button on Scripts Tab – Hook for that script) to see it.
Please consider sharing this with your network who might benefit from this software: Twitter, and other social media …
(We’re Canadian so we love our beavers 🦫, though they sometimes chow down on telephone polls. But that’s another story…)
Thank you to all who raised issues and/or contributed integration ideas.