Unhook vs Delete - Removing 'Hook' tag

I find this funny that when I unhook (⌘ delete) a link, it also removes the tag, which is nice. But when I delete (⇧ ⌘ delete) a link, the tag remains, which is absurd, especially I have to manually remove the tag myself or else they would confuse me with the active Hooked files in Finder.

One more thing to notice, when I unhook (⌘ delete) a link, the link still stays in the bookmark. I would like to have an option in preference where I unhook a link, it also removes the link in the bookmark. It’s faster than delete as it does not ask for confirmation.

Thank you,
Missionary

1 Like

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum , @Missionary . Thanks for your suggestions

good point.

are you asking to delete the entire bookmark? There might be other items hooked to the bookmark… Do you mean something like “delete orphaned bookmarks”, meaning when removing the last hook from a bookmark, Hook would delete the entire bookmark?

are you asking to delete the entire bookmark? There might be other items hooked to the bookmark… Do you mean something like “delete orphaned bookmarks”, meaning when removing the last hook from a bookmark, Hook would delete the entire bookmark?

I mean to delete that specific link inside the bookmark. Usually when I unhook a link, that link still appears in Bookmark, so I have to go to Search window and manually delete (⇧ ⌘ delete) that link.

unhook is not the same as delete. If you’d like to delete the hook and the bookmark, please choose “Delete…”. Would renaming this to “Delete bookmark” or “Delete entire bookmark” make it clearer?

The background is this:

a bookmark is a URL+name. It can have multiple hooks (links to other bookmarks). When you delete a bookmark, all its associated hooks also are deleted.