Two User Accounts on MAC

I have two accounts on my MAC. It looks like Hook will load for one user but not both.

Both User accounts can load and use the app; however, not simultaneously.

As I switch back and forth, it appears I need to quit Hook on whichever User account I leave to cross over to the other account. (Obviously… this doesn’t work…)

Any suggestions? (it will only show in one Menu Bar at a time…)

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum , @D4Linthicum. that currently is a limitation of Hook. We do have an internal issue to get around that. (Will be helpful for our QA work as well).

Hello, is there any update on this. I wanted to create a separate user account for my work and personal contexts, but was disappointed to see that my hook license wouldn’t operate on both users.

Is this a limitation of the software or a licensing restriction? Thank you !!

The same license can be shared by the same person in different macOS accounts on the same Mac. The issue with running Hook concurrently in different macOS accounts is not meant to enforce license limitations.

Hi, new purchaser of Hookmark here, with the same use-case. I take it there’s no progress at this time?

Welcome to the Hookmark Forum , @nanoamp. Thanks for asking. This one is still not resolved. Hookmark 5.1 is expected to contain many small enhancements, with Hookmark 5.2 being more oriented towards big feature. Both versions are still under development. It’s still unclear whether this issue will make the cut. But it is on our radar.

1 Like