Switching over to SetApp version without losing my Hooks

I’d like to switch to using Hookmark from SetApp, so that the company receives recurring income.

How do I do this without losing the database of Hooks that I’ve built up over the past couple of years?

1 Like

Thanks for asking @Isievert. We’ve published Hookmark Setapp FAQ (frequently asked questions) – Hookmark, which answers that question. It is a first draft. We will edit the document as we get more questions.

1 Like

My Hook subscription has just expired and I want to start using Hookmark from my Setapp subscription.
Unfortunately, I cannot find ~/Library/Application Support/com.cogsciapps.hook/ referred to in the FAQ… I have taken all the usual steps to reveal hidden files.
That means I am unable to proceed with the switchover. Can you please suggest an alternative method.
I have a relatively small number Hookmark links but they are important. I would like to preserve them, but it would not be a huge task if I simply recreated them.

You can go to that folder via Finder Menu → Go->Go to Folder, paste “~/Library/Application Support/com.cogsciapps.hook/” in the input field, press enter.

or

from /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

open ~/Library

or this tip from Apple Community to permanently show it.

Thank you!
Using “Go to Folder” revealed the hidden directory whereas usual methods such as Terminal commands would not.
I have successfully installed the SetApp version of Hookmark and have retained all my hooks.
Best regards
Ian

1 Like