[resolved 2020-11-12] License activation errors

Hi, I bough Hook Pro on oct 8 2020. Today After upgrade to hook 2.0.1 today, I cannot reactivate. When I open the tool I receive the following message:

Hook Activation failed (status Code 500)
internal server error.

2020-11-11_22-31-41

If I check the version, I have a Lite in trial mode.

I use hook a LOT. some help please?

Thank you!

-Alex

Thanks for letting us know, @AlxRlja. I will respond by PM in terms of the transaction details.

1 Like

Same problem here

When I go to activate it with the original URL, I get:

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. This indicates there is a non-isolated issue with the license activation. Itā€™s a top priority.

2 Likes

Second that, same error message.

1. Hook appears in the menu bar, but disappears when I click on it.
  2. When I click on a Hook file, the target file opens, and the menu bar item appears, too.
  3. I checked - I can still link files and create Hook files, just with the occasional error message popping up.
    Thanks for looking into this, Hans

this seems to be a different issue as it does not refer to license activation, correct?

One of the software services involved in this is down. So weā€™ve temporarily suspended Hook 2.0 in-app updating until we get to the bottom of this highest priority issue.

Iā€™ve renamed this topic to ā€œLicense activation errorsā€ because itā€™s more generally.

This is very likely a side effect of Dreamhost upgrading its OS on our instance.

If anyone is a Hook 1.8 user who upgraded to Hook and is delayed by this license activation issue, you can try this: Reverting to Prior Versions of Hook ā€“ Hook.

Weā€™ve added a Status banner to the website, and a Service Status ā€“ Hook page that you can check.

1 Like

Not sure. The error message ā€œHook Activation failed / Internal Server Errorā€ appears throughout. Iā€™ll let you know if the issue persists after that software service you mentioned is back up.

Thanks!

Hans

we can confirm that DreamHostā€™s update of the OS of our servers had consequences we did not expect on our systems. We are ā€˜all hands on deckā€™ here working on restoring services and making progress one by one. Status is here https://hookproductivity.com/service-status/ and I will update this topic when this is resolved. We extremely regret this inconvenience.

We believe the issue is now solved.
if you continue to have problems please let us know.
more updates to follow

Hi Hans,

Hook 2.0.1 is available again, and our license server is back up. We are VERY sorry for the earlier inconvenience.

Thanks again for letting us know about this urgent issue.

if you encounter issues again please let us know.

best regards,

Luc

1 Like

Hahaā€¦ I had to delete the current Hook version, and installed Hook 1.8 just 5 min ago (the revert-to-hook app gave me an error message). Iā€™ll try again!

Thanks, Hans

Ha, works fine now. Thanks, Hans

1 Like

yes!, now all is working correctly. Thank you! :smile:

1 Like

Hi LucB,

I am having the same issue. I have purchased the pro app 3X. Originally a year or so ago. That time I received the activation code email. After upgrading my iMac and MacBook Pro, I downloaded the latest version and was told my trial had expired. I purchased another license a week or so ago but never received the email. I tried purchasing again this morning. Still no email. I checked my credit card statement and I was billed x2. Thanksā€¦
Steve

sometimes Paddle.com email gets filtered out at a high level by some mail service providers such that users do not see the email. Weā€™ve notified Paddle about this. Weā€™ll try transmitting through a different route, and will communicate via PM.

the method for activation is very complex!
and maybe for me, I have pay it ,and do as the website suggested, but it doesnā€™t work!
anybody have the same problem as me!

Can the software designer change the activation method as the easy mode (and have space inside the software,and just copy the code into it)

1 Like

thanks for your feedback. Could you please be more specific about what does not work? Screenshot with error message if any?

One possibility is that your email program adds spaces which breaks up the license activation link. that can be repaired in a plain text editor (deleting spurious spaces)