Reset or delete all? Want to start over

Hello. I downloaded Hook and played with it a little, but didn’t really know what I was doing. Now that I have figured out more about what I want to do with Hook, I don’t know how to either “reset” or delete all the links and start over. Is this even possible?

Thanks.

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum , @RFBriggs .

Yes, you can

1. quit hook.
  2. delete the ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.cogsciapps.hook/ folder.

There’s also a preference file in the usual Library location that you can delete.

You do not need to delete Hook itself. It’s a good idea to use Hook’s software update when first installing Hook, because there may be some updates on the integration server.

See also: How to Backup and Restore Hook Data – Hook.

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you for the quick reply!

1 Like

Hello,
I’m new on Hookmark, I would also like to reset the application to start using it properly again, is this procedure still valid?
I’m a Setapp user and I found this folder, is it this one to delete?
~/Library/Application Support/com.cogsciapps.hook-setapp

Strange that there is not an easier way to clean the list, I hope it will be possible in a coming version of the application

Many thanks,
Lorenzo

Welcome to the Hookmark Forum , @iorbita .

yes. There’s also a preferences file : ~/Library/Preferences/com.cogsciapps.hook-setapp.plist

Setapp has its own uninstall procedure: Uninstall Setapp and applications – Setapp Support.

1 Like

Hello.

I would like to do the same. I followed the instructions (Setapp) and I still have my bookmarks. How do I delete all bookmarks? Or can I see the list somewhere and delete the ones I don’t need as a build delete, instead of one by one?

Thanks

The instructions are here: How to Uninstall Hookmark – Hookmark. Where it says ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.cogsciapps.hook/ you should also do the step for ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.cogsciapps.hook-setapp.