I added a way to post digital garden seedlings to my blog.
What are seedlings?
- Seedlings are half-done articles/notes kept in a digital garden.
- They are like drafts, but we keep them public because not every one of them will be finalized.
- I can also use seedlings to privately reply to people using my blog and send them the link.
- Seedlings are entirely hidden, but you can find them if you know their URL.
- The goal of my Zettelkasten is to develop my notes into posts I publish here.
- I’m migrating my Zettelkasten notes from Craft into Bike because it’s more open, and I can do fun things with it, like post directly from it to my blog.
Posting seedlings from Bike
- There are note branches in my Zettelkasten, which can be migrated to a seedling, so I can start working on it.
- I extract these notes into separate files, naming them using their number from my Zettelkasten.
- I can invoke a simple Ruby script, which is going to prepare and post to my blog.
- The script also links them using Hookmark, so I can switch back and forth between writing the post and previewing it.