Not understanding bidirectional links

Hey,

I am new to Hookmark and have one problem and one question. Firstly the problem: I tried to Hook a DevonThink File to one of my Things 3 tasks. So I marked the Things task and hooked it with cmd+C. Then I marked the DevonThink document and combined it with the Things task by pressing cmd+V. Everything is fine now. Then I wanted to add an Octarine document to the Things task as well, which worked but now I have a problem. When I open the Octarine document it only shows me the link to the Things 3 task, and not the DevonThink document, even though I linked Things and Devonthink together. I can only see all three linked items when I am using the hook pop up window in Things.

I thought it is possible that when I open the Devonthink document now that the Octarine document is now automatically connected as well or did I do something wrong?

Also the question I have. Is it possible to for example, double-click on a link in the Hookmark pop up window to open the link. I don’t really find using the keyboard with it intentional.

Thank you in advance:)

Welcome to Hookmark forum, @jannik.klose .

You have made two bi-directional links:

Devonthink document<---->Things task<------>Octarine document

Devonthink document is not directly linked to Octarine document.

In Hookmark, if you invoke Hookmark on the Devonthink document, you will not see the Octarine document in “Hooked” section, but you will be able to see it in “Indirectly linked” section:

You can turn on “Indirectly Hooked” section via Gear button->View->Show Indirectly Hooked:

Please let us know if you have more questions.

Thank you

Yes. Doe it work for you?

Also you can use ENTER key or cmd+“O”.

Thank you