In certain apps, I’d like to link to different things in the application. For example, with Keyboard Maestro, I would like a sub-menu with multiple options when I use the “Copy as Link” shortcut:
- A link to edit the selected macro (
- A link to edit the selected macro group (
keyboardmaestro://m=<MACRO GROUP UUID>)
- A link to edit the selected macro action (needs scripting)
- A link to trigger the selected macro (
Adding the option to always use a default option would enable the user to copy the link they typically use without navigating the sub-menu, but possibly have another shortcut (like ⌘⇧C) to access the sub-menu.
For Curio, this might look like:
- A link to the selected Curio document
- A link to a specfic item in the Curio document
- A link to a specific section in a PDF in the Curio document
I don’t actually use Curio so I’m not as confident about how the url schemes work, but it’s just for additional ideas.