Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking ! Originating from > 20 Mac developers, profs & podcasters

I am delighted to announce the publication of the Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking !!

The originators of this manifesto include David Sparks (@MacSparky) , Brett Terpstra (@ttscoff ), Tim Stringer (@timstringer), Jacob Gorban (@jacob), Jay Miller (@kjaymiller) (all of whom have handles on this forum as you can see), as well as Mark Bernstein, and many others (over 20 developers, profs, podcasters).

Since its announcements early this morning (December 6), many people have already offered to sign the manifesto. Names will be published on a regular basis. If you’re familiar with the Agile Manifesto, you’ll notice the form/structure of our manifesto is similar, though of course the topic is very different. If you agree with us, then please sign the manifesto too.

Adam Engst of TidBits.com has already published an excellent article about it: Well-Known Apple Developers Support Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking - TidBITS, which I invite you to read. (TidBits is a great source of information about Apple-related tech).

All of this is super relevant to all Hook users, because you all value the ability to navigate information with hyperlinks.

7 Likes

Congratulations on the publication of the Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking, @LucB.

It’s very helpful to have a concise and well-thought-out document that encourages developers to embrace linking capabilities within their apps and prompts users to take advantage of these capabilities.

I’m honoured to be one of the originators and enjoy the benefits of ubiquitous linking on a daily basis. Among other things, it helps me stay focused (i.e. I’m less likely to be distracted if I have easy access to comments that I’m working on) and it improves the efficiency and reliability of my work.

2 Likes

Brilliant initiative. I have immediately shared this at various forums. Congratulations!

3 Likes

Hooray!
Looking forward to the day when we can Hook everything in the digital world, starting from the assets in my Mac haha!

1 Like