MailSteward and Hookmark

Archiving e-mails from different mail clients has become an important part of our professional or personal lives. I think many Hookmark users will agree with me that one of the best applications on the OSX platform for archiving mail is MailSteward. MailSteward has very extensive search capabilities via SQL. I currently have some MailSteward archives with more than 100,000 messages. However, it would be particularly nice if you could also point directly to a particular message in the database with Hookmark. Could that be possible in the future? Hookmark now reports that there are no linkable items in MailSteward. Are there any MailSteward users on this forum with the same question/want?

1 Like

Definitely would be handy. I didn’t see any automation or URL scheme. I’d recommend asking them: Contacting Developers of Other Apps and Information for Developers – Hookmark. If they have automation, then it would be simple for us (or anyone else) to add support in Hookmark for it. I imagine the best option is for them to return a URL that includes the RFC-5322 ID, to enable hooks created in other email apps to work for the same message(s) in their software.

1 Like