Link with Mela (Recipes app by developer of Reeder)

I would like to request the support of Mela, which is a really nice app for collecting recipes
https://mela.recipes

I am sending an email to the developer asking for Hook support, I will post his response here.

Super. If you would please ask them to support Reeder too that would be grand. They might like to look at:Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking. Making their apps linkable would put them in some good company. The case for automation of linking is strong. We’ll be happy to help them if they have questions. (I’ve contacted them before.)

2 Likes

I have requested the support of Reeder (same developer, best RSS-reader on the market) twice but unfortunately never got any response.

Thanks for asking them. Have you, or anyone, tried Hook with NetNewsWire: Free and Open Source RSS Reader for Mac and iOS?

I have used NNW in the past but switched to Reeder. Reeder is truly superior in every way to all the other RSS readers I’ve tested.

2 Likes

Mela in latest release introduced Mela links for recipes!
On MacOS the output is the URL link so it has a problem with pasting into Obsidian for example but the developer is considering to switch into text

1 Like

And the latest Beta add a keyboard shortcut to “Copy Mela Link”. How can I create a custom integration now?

There’s

Creating and Modifying Integration Scripts – Hookmark

Readkit might be similar to that app. Its Get Address is:

tell application "System Events"
	tell process "ReadKit"
		tell menu bar 1
			try
				tell menu "Sharing"
					click menu item "Copy Link"
					delay 0.01
					get the clipboard
				end tell
			end try
		end tell
	end tell
end tell

It’s Get Name script is:

tell application "System Events"
	tell process "ReadKit"
		tell menu bar 1
			try
				tell menu "Sharing"
					click menu item "Copy Link"
					delay 0.01
					get the clipboard
				end tell
			end try
		end tell
	end tell
end tell

You could adapt it to that app.

If you’re familiar with Markdown, you can combine them in one.

This will return a URL for a selected recipe in Mela.
Delays may need tweaking for your setup

tell application “System Events”
tell process “Mela”
set the clipboard to “”
delay 0.5
click menu item “Copy Mela Link” of menu 1 of menu bar item “Recipe” of menu bar 1
delay 0.5
set recipeURL to get the clipboard
return recipeURL
end tell
end tell

1 Like

Welcome to the Hookmark Forum , @MikeB . Thanks for sharing! We’ll check it out too.

We have updated the script server with the script for Mela. Please go to Hookmark Preferences ->Update to update the script.
Script version: 252

Thank you

Now the Hookmark doesnt find anything hookable with Mela,
there was some change from initial link setup done by developer, maybe it is the reason

thanks for letting us know, @echej

could you please find an old Mela document for which you had construct a link (you can use Hookmark search to find it), and

1. provide the old URL for it (again Hookmark’s search will give you that),
  2. provide the new URL.

Please paste them both here using code blocks </> button in toolbar. Thank you