Integration with Goodtask?

Hi,

I’ve searched the forum and I saw in a release last year Hook supports Goodtask integration, but I’ve been having trouble using it. Every time it just toggles the details panel on and off, showing “there is no linkable items”.

Am I doing something wrong here or the integration no longer works?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum , @oopsowl.

This one uses UI scripting, Is your System language set to English? We’ll add new languages.

Luc

Hi Luc,

Thanks for the response. Yes my system language is English alright.

I get no linkable items too.

@oopsowl I’m running into the same thing. New to the app, just trying to get a workflow in place, and GoodTask is my task manager of choice. It just clicks for me. And I’d love to solve this issue. To describe what I’m seeing (which sounds like what you’re seeing) is: (1) I press cmd-shft-space and launch hook. At the same time the GoodTask details panel toggles away and in Hook, I see “No linkable item found in hook.” I’m not too handy with scripting, but I suspect that cmd-shft-space may be a keyboard shortcut in GoodTask that toggles the detail view.

Oh, and given that this seems to be using UI scripting, if the details panel is gone, the UI scripting probably fails. Continuing my investigation.

I was wrong. Further investigation, cmd-D toggles the details pane. cmd-shft-space does nothing in GoodTask. Instead, its within the script itself. I mucked about, to no avail. I’ll post if I figure something out. Let me know if anyone found a solution.

Sorry for the delay. One of us here will look into it.

So many of the newer apps are IOS focussed. Goodtasks, which I really enjoy, has rich Shortcuts support on IOS. Begs the question as to whether Shortcuts will come to the Mac with the M1 chip IOS app support…

I’m seeing the same problem, as you describe it.

Is there a fix available?

Hi Luc: Any update? I’m also getting “no linkable items” response when I try to link from GoodTask v6.3.5, mac OX 11.1, Hook 2.2.1. I notice that while the UI Scripts for GoodTask are present in Hook’s preferences, Hook wasn’t asked for accessibility permission for GoodTask, and the option to enable it is not present in the Automation pane of Security & Privacy Permissions.

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum @cfritze64 , and thanks for asking.

Sorry all for the delay as this one fell off the radar over xmas

I had a quick look at this convoluted script and tested it. The script is being invoked but is not having the desired result. in Script Editor I get

error “System Events got an error: Can’t get splitter group 2 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of process "GoodTask". Invalid index.” number -1719 from splitter group 2 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of process “GoodTask”

Has the UI changed? We will look at this issue with high priority. Sorry again for the delay.

Meanwhile, has anyone else asked the developer to provide x-callback-url for getting the ID and title of the current task? That would avoid UI scripting and make this work in all languages. I see some x-callback-url but not for that. I have a note that we were in touch with that developer about that previously.

Hi there, I’ve received a response from the developer. " UI didn’t change but it could be something with Big Sur. " and then some. We will have a look, and I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

I played around a bit making a recording in Automator and looking at what it interpreted. This led to this script, which works in the case where the Details pane in GoodTask is visible. I haven’t yet been able to extend it to test for the presence of that view.

–Hook’s UI script for GoodTask Get Address (cf edit)
tell application “System Events”
tell process “GoodTask”
– only works if Details pane is already open
set itemTitle to value of text field 1 of scroll area 2 of splitter group 1 of window 1
set encodedItemTitle to do shell script "python -c “import urllib, sys; print (urllib.quote(sys.argv[1]))” " & quoted form of itemTitle
return “goodtask3://task?title=” & encodedItemTitle
end tell
end tell

also: @chris, @MitchWagner , @cfritze64

FYI: Hook’s revised Integration with GoodTask is in place in Hook Integration Scripts version 159. This uses GoodTasks’s new x-callback-url. I.e., not reliant on UI scripting anymore, thankfully.

This is tested with SetApp version and should work with Mac App Store version of GoodTask but not yet tested there. If anyone is using the Mac App Store please let us know your experience.

2 Likes

Mac App Store version here. Links to GoodTask items are being captured! Thank you

1 Like