Hookmark Version 5.0 (5317; Integration v. 253) is now available for download.. Coming soon as an in-app update too.
- Significant user interaction (UX) enhancements. Action button replaces the Title and Link buttons and acts on the selected link. You can now select either Title bar item or one of the links. Many other UI/UX improvements. Read more.
- You can now generate a universal link for any URL-friendly app’s resources (not web pages, of course). Use ⌥⌘C, ⌥⌘M or hold down option button when clicking on the Action ☰ button (in title bar). Paste such links in your web apps. Works around annoying limitations of Notion, Google Docs, Gmail, etc. Universal links only work in Safari (not a Hookmark limitation). PRO Read more
- Hookmark now automatically backs up its database.
- Several other improvements and bugs fixes
- Added support for Microsoft OneNote, Tap Forms, iTerm 2, Bike deep linking and Mela Recipes.
- The title of email links is now
<Subject>- <Date> - From <email> to <email>. The title of Slack links is also improved. Both are very easy to configure in Scripts Preferences (PRO).
- Many other app integration improvements.
We’ve introduced support for generic app analytics, which are anonymous of course. They are Off by default. We would appreciate users enabling them. To do so: Open Terminal app, copy & paste
defaults write com.cogsciapps.hook anonymous.generic-sys.analytics true.Hit
return key. If enabled, analytics go to Microsoft App Center. Enabling them would help us improve Hookmark.
Hookmark 5 sets the stage for further big improvements, which partly explains why we upped the number to 5.
This Hookmark update is free to any Hookmark customer with a valid Updates license of Hookmark (Hookmark Pro and Hookmark Standard each come with one year of free access to updates) or in valid Trial or Lite mode.
Thank you to everyone who tried out the betas, and for any feedback, whether or not we were able to include it in this release. Much appreciated!