Hookmark, Notion, and Setapp?

I’ve been trying to create links in Notion to link to OmniFocus Perspectives. I found out Notion doesn’t support custom protocols like omnifocus:/// but I heard about Hookmark’s universal link feature which seemed like it would do the trick.

Now I’m looking everywhere for Copy Universal Link, but it is no where to be found.

I’m so confused. Where did it go?

Don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but I switched to the Setapp version of Hookmark a few months back — is that the problem? There doesn’t appear to be any documentation of differences between the versions.

Sorry about this, @jochi .

Hookmark provides two commands to generate universal links:

• Copy As Universal Link ⌥⌘C and
  • Copy as Universal Markdown Link ⌥⌘M

You can view them by clicking the Action ☰ button and then holding down the option (⌥) key.

Notice that each command has a keyboard shortcut…

1 Like

That worked, thank you!

Hi, I’ve been trying to do the same, unfortunately, when I open a perspective in Omnifocus with nothing selected, hookmark returns a “No hookable items” error.
Can I ask how you’ve managed to make it work?
Thanks!

OmniFocus does not support copying links to perspectives.

1 Like

Hmm, I beg to differ:
if you right click on a perspective in the perspective side bar, you get the option to copy link. Pasting it in a text editor you get something of the form
omnifocus:///perspective/tags
and putting this in safari will open the Tags perspective in safari.
That said, I agree that you can’t get it from the main menu because you can’t really “select” a perspective, so in that sense, i could see why making hookmarks work might be difficult.

edit; you can “select” a perspective from the Perspective list, but again, you can only “Copy as link” from the contextual menu, not the main menu, so I’d imagine the problem remains the same.