Hook With Missive Email Client App?

Has anyone succeeded in linking Missive.app with Hook?

They offer a bunch of APIs and integrations on their website, so i’d be surprised to find is not possible.

I had a quick look at their extensive API but we’d need to dig in more detail. I’ve added an entry here for it. Looks like an interesting app !

I vote for Missive linking. Missive makes a huge difference for us by enabling us to handle emails as a team.

1 Like

thanks for asking, @splitpersonality. And seconding, @jonur.

How about the following Hook > Preferences > Scripts > Missive> “Get Address” script :

set the clipboard to ""

set theUrl to ""
tell application "System Events"

keystroke "c" using {command down}
	delay 0.3
	repeat 20 times -- poll clipboard for ~2 seconds. Sometimes set x to the clipboard throws exception
		try
			set theUrl to the clipboard
			if theUrl is not equal to "" then
				exit repeat
			end if
		end try
		delay 0.1
	end repeat

if length of theUrl is greater than 27 then

set theUrl to text 6 thru -1 of theUrl
		set theUrl to "missive" & theUrl
	end if

tell process "Missive"
		set menu_item_name to name of last menu item of menu "Window" of menu bar 1
		set AppleScript's text item delimiters to " - "
		set theTitle to item 1 of (text items of menu_item_name)
		return "[" & theTitle & "](" & theUrl & ")"
	end tell
end tell

If you would please let us know how well the script works for you, we would appreciate it. Also, Missive users may want to reach out to Missive and ask them /vote for a linking API. Cf. Contacting Developers of Other Apps and Information for Developers – Hook. We’ll follow up. The app looks impressive and they seem like the kind of devs who would agree with the Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking. We wouldn’t switch our own email unless we could get a RFC-5322 compliant email ID from the app, because we need to share hook://email/ URLs not only with our team, but with our customers, business partners and others.

We’ve tweeted a request here:

Thank you so much for looking into this with such care. Your script seems to be working well. Hopefully, after some more testing, it will keep doing so!

As @jonur mentioned, Missive is a fantastic app for email collaboration.

1 Like

We’ve published a help page on Using Hook With Missive – Hook. We’ve also been in contact with the Missive devs about making the app linkable via automation.

1 Like

That’s great to hear. Excited to see where this development goes!