Hook Version 1.0-beta (build 2138) is now available for download via Hook’s download page. It can also be installed via the in app app update mechanism.
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback towards this release.
Improved handling of hook://search/ links
- Changed: by default, now clicking on a hook://search/ link will open a Spotlight search window with the result(s) regardless of the number of search results. Previously, if and only if there was just one search result, Hook would simply ask macOS to open it (using the default app for the extension).
- NEW: If you preferred and wish to reinstate the previous behavior, you can now type the following in Terminal app
defaults write com.cogsciapps.hook "OpenSingleSearchResult" YES
The default OpenSingleSearchResult value is NO.
See Hook’s search:// link documentation for more information.
Improved menu bar icon handling (again)
Thanks to feedback from nlippman on Hook’s Discourse forum for pointing out an issue, which we have fixed, and making a suggestion, which we have implemented:
- Fixed a bug that prevented option-clicking menu bar icon from revealing the menu bar window.
- NEW: Clicking menu bar icon while Hook window or menu bar window is shown will close that window (Issue 3236).
As noted previously, the General tab of Hook’s Preference window (shortcut:
⌘,) enables you to configure the default menu bar icon click behavior, and provides a tip.
- Added support for Drafts, as requested on Hook’s Discourse Forum (Issue 3097)
- Extended beta period to March 22. (Issue 3153)