Hook integration v. 215 brings deep linking to Nitro PDF Pen Pro

Hook integration v. 215 is now available. It supports deep PDF links, to specific locations in PDFs, to Nitro PDF Pen Pro.

background

Nitro acquired PDFPen and PDFpenPro last year. Nitro PDF Pro is the rebranding of Smile Software’s PDFpenPro app. Nitro PDF Pen and Nitro PDF Pen Pro are both available on SetApp, Mac App Store and as direct downloads.

Hook’s basic linking already worked “out of the box” with both Nitro PDF Pen and Nitro PDF Pen Pro.

New

This new integration (v. 215) brings deep linking with Hook productivity to Nitro PDF Pen Pro.

Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking

Angel Vu of Nitro is an originator of the Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking . You can sign it too!

How to get the updated integration

Hook’s automatic software update (if enabled) automatically updates Hook’s integration scripts without you needing to relaunch Hook. Using Hook’s Check for App Updates and Update Scripts command also updates the scripts, without you needing to relaunch Hook.

This requires a valid Updates license.

1 Like

Hi. I can’t get the deep links while running the latest Hook (Hookmark) and Nitro 13.3 (latest version). Any tips? Thanks!

did it work before for you? or are you new to the feature with Nitro PDF?

Hi. Thanks for writing. It’s worked for me previously; although I hasn’t used Nitro in a couple of months. My computer crashed and had forgotten to install it.

I’ve also had problems with the PDF Expert bookmark. It’s a shame they don’t make the app compatible with yours, as they’re my favorite pdf reader.

Thanks!

PS. Do you have any tutorials on using bookmark on iPad? I feel I can use the beta there less and less. I can barely get anything to open there.