Hook has hijacked control-H HELP!

Hook just upgrated itself to 3.2.1 (4468; Integration v. 174) (MacOS 11.5.2) and it has changed the functionality of ^H. This has rendered Hook unusable for me (okay, I may be weird about control sequences).

I went to the Preferences and here’s what I see:

2021-09-01-1-Screenshot

There seems to be no way to change this shortcut!!???

How do I fix this?

Thanks for your help.

• ge, chapel hill, nc

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum , @zabouti.

Could you please try toggling Show Hook (enable/disable)? If it does not stick, please try it a second time.

You could also do the following from the command line (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app) to disable this:

defaults write com.cogsciapps.hook "Show Hook Input Window (main)" 0

and to re-enable:

defaults write com.cogsciapps.hook "Show Hook Input Window (main)" 1

When you toggle the preference in the UI, you may see a warning triangle. If you hover over it, it will show a message.

If the change of shortcut preference does not take hold immediately, you may need to relaunch Hook.

LucB,

This seems to have done the trick. Kinda mysterious, but that’s good enough for me.

Thanks so much for your quick help,
ge

I see Show Hook in the popup and an input cursor but it doesn’t accept any typing or other means of enabling/disabling. Not too important now that I have the command line commands.

• ge

Thanks for letting us know about the problem (we’ve logged an issue report), and that the work-around got you back up and running.