Hook for Joplin - a markdown app for taking notes

I use Joplin (a markdown editor) a lot. In particular, I use it for storing Hook links.

Joplin per se supports deep linking; however, at this stage, these links are not usable outside of Joplin.

Perhaps you could get in touch with the developer. The Joplin forum is at Joplin Forum - Joplin Forum. He also has a Github page (cannot post the link due to the discourse limitations).

Best regards,
François

5 Likes

Hi, I am currently considering switching from Evernote to Joplin and was wondering if it is possible to make HookMark compatible with Joplin.

Joplin allows users to copy a note link through the “Copy External Link” command. Here is an example: joplin://x-callback-url/openNote?id=808ba9a6a5694042b38690682cbcde8c

However, I have noticed that HookMark does not recognize those links and instead shows the error message “No linkable item found in Joplin.” I find this quite strange and would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the requesting, @sirHydra .

We will have a look.

Could I add my request for Joplin integration. The API documentation does seem to provide for extracting note ID’s. Joplin is an excellent application that gives many of the other note taking applications a good run for their money (Obsidian, Drafts, Evernote etc). Thanks for your consideration.

Welcome to Hookmark forum, @ajcryan .

I just checked. It seems Joplin does not have the API to get the current selected note link.

It does have “Copy Markdown Link” menu item and “Copy External Link” menu item when you right click on the note. But it does not have the keyboard shortcut assigned to them, so they are inaccessible to Hookmark.

I can’t find the document for manually assigning keyboard shortcuts to them. I am not sure it is possible or not. Or if there is any other way to do that, such as a plugin.

Hi @bchend,

I’m pretty sure joplin.workspace.selectedNoteIds() gets you the ID of the selected note and, with that, you can construct the link, e.g.:

const noteId = await joplin.workspace.selectedNoteIds();
const noteLink = "joplin://x-callback-url/openNote?id=" + noteId;