I’ve been using Hook with Vivaldi quite a while and it works great, but yesterday Hook started hanging and taking 30 to 60 seconds when being invoked in Vivaldi. Other apps seem unaffected.
I removed and re-added the Hook permissions for Vivaldi and rebooted, but nothing changed.
I have a fully updated MacBook Pro M1.
Sorry for the trouble.
Could you please let us know your Hook version, Vivaldi version and macOS version? Also, could you please try reinstall Vivaldi and Hook and see if it helps?
I am using:
- Hook 3.7.1 (4859; integration v. 227)
- MacOs 12.5.1 on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
- Vivaldi 5.4.2753.37 (Stable channel) (arm64)
Deleting Hook and Vivaldi, restarting computer, and reinstalling did not change the behavior.
We haven’t been able to reproduce this so far. Anyone else see this?
I noticed today that Hook popped up quickly and worked fine the first time calling it in Vivaldi after restarting my computer, but then reverted to taking 30-60 seconds for subsequent uses.
could you please try this from the current web page:
Hook to New... > Script Editor
- In Script Editor, paste
tell application id "com.vivaldi.Vivaldi" to return URL of active tab of front window in the script (replacing the content).
- in Script Editor, hit the run button. Make a note of how long it takes to run.
- copy the result (from bottom pane)
- paste it here.
And please let us know how much time it took (step 3). If it’s fast, please switch to another web page in Vivaldi and repeat steps 3-4. And let us know if it was fast or slow.
if that was fast, then please repeat the above but in Step 2 use
tell application id "com.vivaldi.Vivaldi" to return title of active tab of front window
I.e., let’s see if we can reproduce the issue when Hook is not part of the “get URL” loop.
We’ve tested on Intel Mac and M1 Max. we’re also on macOS 12.5.1 (21G83).
I think I am going to lose my mind. Hook and Vivaldi are now playing well together:
From the Hook page: The result is: “Hanging in Vivaldi - #6 by LucB”. It was nearly instantaneous.
From new page: The result is: “MSN”. The result was almost instantaneous.
I guess I will keep using it on different pages and see what happens. The only other thing I noticed was that Vivaldi updated an hour or so ago to 5.4.2753.40 (Stable channel) (arm64). Maybe the update changed something.
I’ve tested on that [5.4.2753.40 (Stable channel) (arm64) ].
maybe they fixed something relevant. I hope it remains stable.