Forklift Markdown Link not working?

I am using Hookmark 5.0.2 and when I hook a file in Forklift to something else - the hook works.

But when I request a Markdown link for a file in Forklift, I get back:
“hook://application/com.binarynights.ForkLift-3” which takes me TO Forklift but not to the specific file.

I had a quick try and Forklift still works. The code for hooking and copying links is the same, so it would be surprising for there to be a difference. Is it possible there was a slight difference in how you did the two?

Interesting.

When I invoke Hookmark and press the shortcut key CMD-M, I get the link that is incorrect that doesn’t work.

But when I invoke Hookmark and use the dropdown menu and manually choose “Copy as Markdown Link” - that works and I get the full URL as expected.

Weird.

I tried the keystroke CMD-M with other apps and it works (e.g. Drafts and Omnifocus.)

I’m using ForkLift Version: 3.5.8 (220) from Setapp. What about you?

I am using the same version number, but I have the stand-alone, not the Setapp version.

Forklift is not fully URL friendly, so integration with it is UI-scripted, which can introduce issues.

If you have a pro version of Hookmark, you can try increasing the delay in the Forklift script

delay 0.3
        click menu item "Copy Path to Clipboard" of menu 1 of menu bar item "File" of menu bar 1
        delay 0.3

does that help?

It would be worth contacting the developer also about providing proper automation for linking. AppleScript is ideal : easy to implement and very reliable.

Thanks for trying. Increasing the delay did not help.

I’ll contact the developer when I get a minute.

Thanks again.

Problem still exists.

Select a folder in Finder and invoke the Copy Markdown option with the keyboard and this is returned:

Main

Select the same folder in Forklift and invoke the same Copy Markdown option with the keyboard and this is returned:

ForkLift.app

But, as was noted back in March, if I invoke the Markdown option with the dropdown menu using the mouse, this is what Forklift returns:

Main

Thank you.

Sorry about this issue, @arthurwerry .

I just tried the latest script (version 304) but could not reproduce the problem.

Is Main the folder name, or ForkLift.app? Could you please send us some screenshot which can illustrate the problem?

The shortcut for Copy As Markdown Link has changed. It is Shift+command+m now.

Does “Copy Link” return the correct url?

Thank you

Nevermind. I went back to get some screenshots and now it is working. My first post this morning was copying directly from the clipboard when Forklift would give the wrong URL for Markdown. I must have repeated the problem a half dozen times. Now it is working. I didn’t reboot. I didn’t restart Forklift. Nothing changed.

It’s ridiculous how wonky Forklift can be with Hookmark. No other app gives me these problems.

Thanks.

Thank you for letting us know! I am glad it works.