Export format plist URL data?

Hello!

I’m new to Hook. I’m working through a way of making it work on multiple computers, until this is officially supported. I’m thinking about a way to merge exports from each computer.

I’d like to understand a bit about the export format that Hook uses. It looks like each string is a URL, but there is extra data at the end of each URL. Does anyone know what the data is at the end of each URL?

Thanks!

Jerry

It’s probably the title in base 64

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Welcome to Hook and to its forum, @jerdogma .

The import / export mechanism is currently only intended for use by Hook itself (import). We haven’t publicly documented its format, as I’m sure you’ve found. We will be refining and further documenting it before golden master, as well as saying more about multi-computer cases – we agree they are extremely important.

by the way, regarding

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

I don’t know why the topic was closed by Discourse yesterday, let alone why the closure was associated with my account. We’re investigating. Anyway, as noted above, I re-opened it and responded.

Mystery solved, with thanks to @jrivett. To be reminded of the topic, I meant to setup a “user topic timer”, but must evidently setup a “topic timer” instead. The latter automatically closes a topic after an interval.

Hard to believe this thread has been dormant for over 4 years…

I currently need to migrate a subset of Hook links from to one iMac to another and found no easy migration path. Have I missed something obvious?

BTW: Just to complicate matters, there are already local hook links on the target iMac so I can’t just migrate the hook.sqlite database :frowning:

Any suggestions would be certainly be appreciated.

Sorry about this, @DMisener .

I am not sure I fully understand your problem. Hookmark’s sync feature can do the merging links. But you can’t specify which links you want to merge. Is that OK for you?

Thank you

There’s info here: How to Backup and Restore Hookmark Data – Hookmark.