Epichrome (Single Site Browser) compatibility

Hi,

i am using a few SSB-“Apps” created with Epichrome (using the Brave browser engine). Hook does not seem to work with these Apps, is there a workaround?

Thanks!

OK, i found the solution.

When adding the Epichrome SSB to Hook, make sure you select the actual Application (located in /Applications/Epichrome/EpichromeEngines.noindex/FE/GoogleDocs/GoogleDocs.app ), not the one in /Applications/GoogleDocs.

Then, you can use Get Adress:
tell application id "org.epichrome.eng.GoogleDocs" to return URL of active tab of front window and Get Name: tell application id "org.epichrome.eng.GoogleDocs" to return title of active tab of front window

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum , @floflo . And thanks for sharing that info. I wasn’t aware of Epichrome before. Good to know!

Sorry to say my workaround is broken on epichrome 2.4.1

Hi Floflo

Were you able to fix the workaround for the latest epichrome? I also use epichrome for Roam, etc… Seems like it’s the only single site browser I know of that isn’t Electron and supports Chrome extensions

Hi LucB

Any chance you can look into this? It would be a nice integration to have and since Hook works with Brave and Chrome and Vivaldi, shouldn’t this “nativefier” app–which is Brave under the hood–work with Hook?

Thanks

nevermind… got it to work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @zendude

how did you manage it :open_mouth:

Hi @floflo

Epichrome 2.4.11 creates only one application in /Applications/Epichrome. Should I try to install the previous version?

Hm, I stopped using it (the dev says they won’t update it anymore).

I would Try the current version, and check if the bundle is is correct.