Disable leading white space?

Hi,

Hook grew into an important hinge for my workflow. One tiny thing bothers me, though. I use the ability to select a quote in my Pdf Reader (Skim), evoke Hook and copy the link markdown - Style into my Notes-App (Bear). Everything fine - I get a link to the specific page in the pdf that is clickable in the Bear Note.

The only (tiny) thing: The link always is pasted with a leading white space. I always have to click into the note to delete it after copy and paste. Is there a preference somewhere to influence this?

Best,
Hen-son

1 Like

Could you please send us a screenshot regarding this problem?

Thank you!

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum , @Hen-son. I tested and was able to replicate the issue when using Copy Link in Skim and even from Finder, and pasting in Bear specifically. When pasting in Agenda there was no leading white space.

Copy Link from web pages and pasting in Bear does not include a leading white space.

I tested manually creating all kinds of links (with x-devonthink-item URLs, omnifocus:/// URLs and even hook://file/ URLs) and they pasted fine in Bear.

Looks like it’s Bear not handling the contents of clipboard properly that are created by Hook. I don’t recall seeing this issue with any other apps into which results of Hook’s Copy Link are pasted.

I’d recommend bringing it up with the Bear app developers. They have licenses for Hook.

Hi LucB,

Tanks for the quick reply and for taking time looking into this. I will proceed with the issue at the Bear side, as suggested. Admittedly not a major bug but a consistent small bump in my workflow.

Best,
Hen-son

1 Like