Creating link for long conversation on Apple Mail

Hello, I just bought this product uniquely to get links from long emails from my customers. I use Apple Mail, and by clicking Ctrl+H and Command+C, I can get a link easily to paste it on Obsidian, but when I click on it, it looks like it’s showing a random email of the conversation and it’s not showing the entire conversation.
I’d like to click the link and go instantly to the latest email in the conversation. Is it doable with the app?. Am I doing something wrong?

Welcome to the Hookmark Forum , @laudioz. Thanks for asking about this. I can’t reproduce this issue, and don’t recall anyone else having it. I thought maybe it was related to using “Organize by Conversation” which I don’t use. but that works fine for me too.

What version of macOS are you using?

Has anyone else encountered this?

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Effectively, I use “Organize by Conversation”. It’s very important to me because I have long conversations with customers.

I use Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68) and I’m ready to upgrade to 13.3.1

I’m a software engineer, so I don’t mind having to use something like a macro to accomplish it.

Thank you for bringing up this issue to us!

Each email in a conversation has its own unique link.

If you copy the link of emails organized by a conversation in Message window(the main window), quite often it is the the link for the oldest email. Hookmark does not have control of it.

To get the latest email’s link, you can double click on the top of the latest email. The email will be opened in an email viewer. Then you can invoke Hookmark to get its link.

Thank you

2 Likes

Thank you. The trick worked.

1 Like