Cannot reactivate

Hi there,

moved to a new mac and trying to re-activate the license. Gives me just an error:

"Hook activation failed (Status Code: 500) Error: Internal sever error. Please try again later or contact CogSci Apps Corp. (support@hookproductivity.com).

When I send an email to support@hookproductivity.com, it also fails and says, recipient unknown.

Anyone has an idea how to reactivate a license?
Thanks

Hi @eMaX .

the email activation instructions are here Activating your license of Hook productivity app for Mac – Hook, which says:

If you get a notice from Hook saying that your “License Key” has expired (per #2 above), this notice will contain a link to a webpage. That very simple webpage contains a field where you can enter your email. Enter your email here. Then Paddle will send you a new license key activation email again: (per #2 above). That will repeat the activation process…

From your post it sounds like something went wrong with that link. We are looking into it.

The email address should be support@cogsciapps.com. We’ll check to make sure support@hook... is not used, but I’ve setup email forwarding just in case.

Well, it’s not working. I never receive any email (which may be since I was using a “+” in the mail).