Canary Mail integration

Would be great if we could link to Canary Mail messages instead of just Mail.app. I prefer Canary just for the integrated GPG and improved UI.

1 Like

I want to add to this request. Is it possible as of now? Has anyone checked with Canary Mail?

Now that Canary is the only email client left on Setapp and Hookmark is also on Setapp, it would be great if they worked together. Is there any ongoing talks with the Canary developer(s)? Thanks!

1 Like

Definitely! I will bring this up. One of the big advantages of being on Setapp is that we have the opportunity to bring the Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking to the attention of all developers there. We already have a very nice snowball effect going, but by participating in Setapp we are reaching a tipping point.

It may help motivate Setapp app developers that Setapp has a curated list of link-friendly apps — compatible with Hookmark. If an app developer wants to be on that list, their software needs to offer not only UI support for Copy Link, but proper automation for hyperlinking, as defined by the Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking. For most app developers who know how to do a user- automation API, that’s basically half a day’s work.

I encourage Hookmark users to sign the Manifesto for Ubiquitous Linking and share it via social media. If one does not have a twitter account but one’s organization (university whatever) would like to share the info, that can help spread the word. The manifesto and Hookmark are about interoperability. History has shown time and again that interoperability leads to major progress and improvements in quality of life.

Done, I posted on my twitter account @rcgottlieb and mentioned both hookmark and Canary Mail and invited other devs to get their name on the list. Thank you both for Hookmark but also the manifesto! I look forward to what can happen!

1 Like

One more thing, I am using Mastadon now and will be closing down my Twitter account once I have found everyone I care about over on a Mastadon or other server somewhere. If Hookmark has a presence on pkm.social, another Mastadon server or somewhere else, please post it somewhere on here. Thanks! I’m @rgottlieb@pkm.social.

1 Like