Browser issues? No linkable item found in Safari and Chrome

Hookmark does not find linkable items in browser. Checked permissions, reset with the command tccutil reset Accessibility com.cogsciapps.hook. Nothing helps. Other apps are fine.

Sorry about the issue.

What’s your Hookmark version and macOS version? Does Firefox work?

Could you please copy the script from Hookmark Preferences->Scripts->Safari->Get Address, open a web page in Safari, run the script in Script Editor? Is there any error message? What’s the output?

Thank you

Yes, Firefox works. But what does this mean? That I can’t use Safari from now on? Sorry, but Safari is still my favourite browser and I have little desire to switch my entire workflow to Firefox now. Hookmark has always worked smoothly with Safari, so I hope a solution can be found as soon as possible. Hookmark version is Version 6.0.1 (5788; Integration v. 312), macOS version is: Sonoma 14.4.

Thank you for the info, @Koen .

Just want to check if all browsers have problem.

Have you tried this? If not, could you please give it a try?

Thank you

Yes, this creates a error message.
Capto_Capture 2024-02-06_12-36-42_PM

Or another:
error “Safari got an error: Can’t get document "Personal — Sporta Mon Ventoux".” number -1728 from document “Personal — Sporta Mon Ventoux”

Thank you for the info, @Koen .

We have a fix for Safari’s No linkable item found problem. Could you please update your script(Hookmark preferences window ->Update->Check Now)? The latest version is 134. See if it works.

Regarding Chrome, what’s your Chrome’s version? Could you please do the same thing for Chrome (Copy its script to Script Editor and run it)? There are several editions of Chrome, please copy the script that matches to the one on your mac.

Thank you

Fixed! Thanks a lot! Hookmark works again in Safari and Chrome.

Hey guys,
I’ve got the same issue (no linkable item found in Safari), but my licence expires and can’t update to the latest version of Hookmark. Does that mean I will not be able to Hook Safari links any more?