Bookends Hooks link as formatted citation?

Dear Forum,

now that I own hook, I find myself wanting to use it more and more efficiently.

when linking to an entry in bookends, can I make the copied link appear like an (APA) formatted citation instead of just the document’s title?

Cheers,

J.

1 Like

great request! I write papers too, and sometimes in APA format, and am switching from PapersApp to Bookends.

This would be possible to configure if Bookends has the required API–I wouldn’t be surprised. Would be a good question to ask on their forum: whether they have an API to get APA format. My migration will complete after a set of deadlines – july very busy here, but aim to have a look when I push my own migration through, if not before.

Curious to know if any Hook Bookends users are on the forum?

Yes :raising_hand_man:t3:
Also very interested in such a possibility.

1 Like

This would be very useful! I write mostly in Mellel, which has very tight integration with Bookends, but it would make life easier when I’m working in something else.

1 Like

That would be great! I will happily ask on their forum if I know what to ask for exactly!

Cheers,

J.

1 Like

i.e., whether they have AppleScript, JavaScript or other API to “Copy as Reference” , where the reference is whatever is the current default (such as APA). I will look asap . I’m still clearing a backlog.

1 Like