Are you sure you want to delete this bookmark?

I’d like to be able to delete bookmarks without any confirmation.

Or, at the very least, the request to confirm should not cause the list of bookmarks to disappear, requiring me to open Hook, and then the bookmarks find view, again, in order to delete another bookmark.

2022-05-31-500 Clipboard

I don’t use hook for long-term storage… at least not yet. I want to be able to easily remove stuff that is no longer relevant.

One-by-one, isn’t practical, given the current way that the confirmation works.

2 Likes

Hi! I want to second that request with a smaller request.

In Hookmark 6’s bookmarks window, I often remark something I want to delete. When I do, this is what I see:

From there, on the keyboard, there’s nothing I can do to continue.
I tried Enter, Space, Arrows.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the Continue option was pre-selected,
such that e.g. Enter would trigger it?

Or you might prefer to pre-select Cancel (which I wouldn’t like but who am I to judge?), and from there we might be able to select the other option with e.g. the arrows, hopefully… Edit: No this wouldn’t make sense - it’s a Continue or Cancel dialog, so Enter must, by definition, continue, and Escape must, by definition, cancel. :slight_smile: Pretty please! :smiley:

1 Like

It used to be like this. We made the change in Hookmark 6 as requested.

I just tried it and it seems to be working as expected.

Not sure what happened. What’s your macOS version?

Thank you

In Hookmark 6, it does.

it does.

Thanks; I was still on Hookmark 6 beta 2 or 3, waiting for the Setapp release. I had not thought about the delta between that beta and the release; sorry for that!

I migrated to the new Setapp version 6 this morning and it does indeed preselect the Continue button. Thanks!

1 Like

glad you like it. We had an internal discussion about this before settling on this solution. The Apple guidelines are not to select Continue by default. But we wanted to streamline the process.

1 Like

And here I was so enthusiastically and axiomatically thinking those things “must”, by definition, happen! :smile: I’m quite happy, then, that you streamlined it like you did. Thanks again.

1 Like