Any success using Hook and Notion together?

1.As I tweeted to @NotionHQ, Notion doesn’t seem to have a client-side API. No AppleScript dictionary and I couldn’t find a x-callback-url on the web. Am I missing something?

I also resumed an email thread with Notion that I had started in spring of 2019 (and continued in 2020).

2. Apparently they have a very active user community and forum. So if any notion user wants to ask a question on their side that might help.

3. I also verified that their Mac app still has a major limitation: Notion still does not support local app links, not even its own! You can paste app URLs like hook://file/, and notion URLs in Notion app, but they will not be treated as hyperlinks. If you paste a markdown link with whose URL field is an app URL, Notion will strip away the URL and just give you the label.

this does not merely affect Hook, it affects all apps. So you can’t even paste a not Notion URL or Markdown , let alone an OmniFocus, obsidian, x-devonthink-item or Things URL/markdown-link in Notion.

If I were a Notion.so user, I would be quite concerned about that.

5. However, Hook can help you get around these limitations via this UI-scripted integration ,

tell application "System Events"
	tell process "Notion"
		set the clipboard to ""
		delay 0.5

keystroke "l" using {command down}
		repeat 50 times -- poll clipboard for ~2.5 seconds
			try
				if (the clipboard) is not equal to "" then
					exit repeat
				end if
			end try
			delay 0.05
		end repeat
		set myUrl to the clipboard
		set myUrl to "notion" & text 6 thru (length of myUrl) of myUrl

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {"/"}
		set myItem to last item of text items of myUrl
		set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {"-"}

if (count of text items of myItem) > 1 then
			set myItems to items 1 thru ((count of text items of myItem) - 1) of text items of myItem

set myTitle to myItems as string
		else
			set myTitle to name of window 1

end if
		return "[" & myTitle & "](" & myUrl & ")"
	end tell
end tell

please let us know if that works

6.Like I said in #2 above, I heard on MPU that Notion.so has a very active user community and forum. So if any Notion user wants better integration, I recommend they take it to Notion’s forum, and link to this post.

In my communications with Notion I have also linked to this post.