Accessing email (outlook) on iOS

Hi

(TL:DR - Is there anyway to create a link to an email on the desktop that will access the relevant message when clicked on the phone / iPad? - outlook / exchange email account).

I’ve been using hook on the desktop to great effect to quickly and effectively link emails to actions and calendar events. Fantastic resource.

But …

My work email is locked to Microsoft - outlook.
I’m using airmail as it integrates with Hook.
But the link it produces (when I click on an email in airmail and invoke hook) ends with an outlook identifier.

When I look at this link on fantastical (for instance) on my phone - the link isn’t active. I can see it but I can’t tap on it.

Is there anyway to create a link to an email on the desktop that will access the relevant message when clicked on the phone / iPad?

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum , @TonyP.

We’re working on an iOS companion app that will do that for apps that make available via automation the standard (RFC-5322 compliant) ID of selected emails. As explained on the Linkable Mac Apps – Hook page, Outlook email IDs are very local to the current instance on the Mac — they are not expected to survive reloading. Several other apps listed on that page have better ID mechanisms, that can be used across devices.

1 Like

@LucB - thanks very much for the speedy reply.

I did look closely at the linkable Mac apps page and moved to AirMail for that very reason.

However, as I indicated in the post, the move to AirMail is not helping the linking. My work email is through an exchange account / Microsoft. When I try to link through AirMail it produces a link that ends with an outlook identifier:

hook://email/(identifying number).eurprd06.prod.outlook.com

What I’m asking is whether there is any way around this - such that the identifier is for airmail (or another email client)?

Thanks again,

Tony