Script for Day One

I’m getting it in the safari browser

I waited for almost a minute. So, what I did was select the new option and clicked on Day One, but nothing seems to happen. And I waited for enough time actually

In Safari? I only built it to work in the Day One app. As far as I know, there’s no Web version of Day One. And AFAIK, doing anything through Safari would use Hook’s built-in support for Safari.

Maybe if you could record what you’re doing, i could help. Otherwise, I’m not understanding your workflow enough to diagnose this.

Predictably, Day One 5.2 for macOS broke the scripts above.

Yes, I tried this but it does not work under Day One 6.14.1.

Curious - do the Keyboard Maestro macros still work?

I was hoping Hook would work with Day One.
Day One is such a bad citizen nowadays. :frowning: But I have thousands of entries in it.

1 Like

Yes, because I am using DayOne as my notebook I don’t really think I need another app like DevonThink or Obsidian - feels like duplication. But I do want to link DayOne entries to files, and that’s where Hook comes in.

Now that Automattic own it I wonder what they will do. Improve it? Integrate it with SimpleNote???

They wrote in 2020:

3rd party integration is not support at this time, and implementing such is not included on our roadmap.

We recommend that users who value interoperability and linking choose (or migrate to) software made by developers who also value interoperability and linking. Otherwise you are locked in to whatever functions the developer provides and it becomes a matter of escalation of commitment; i.e., sooner one frees oneself the better. Same goes for Readdle’s PDF Expert, which is somewhat expensive software. It would be a day’s work for an Expert to add a basic API ; and an Expert would recognize its importance; but Readdle has always refused (e.g., on Twitter, email). In contrast Skim is free and has had the API for a long time. PDFpenPro had a basic API, then they did the extra development to add deep linking.

What’s a Linkable App and Why Does Linkability Matter? – Hook