Pinboard Alternatives - Development Request

it’s still in the pipeline. we’re also looking at Pocket.

3 Likes

+1 for Raindrop support

1 Like

I’m sorry that the Raindrop dev is in a country that is essential at war with the West. Our position on Russia is here: We Stand with Ukraine, Hookmark is on Setapp, and Setapp is Hookmark’s Partner of the Month of November – Hookmark. We are boycotting Russia.

To quote our blog:

If you would like clarification about Russia’s war against Ukraine, and why it is important to support Ukraine, we urge you to listen to this episode of Sam Harris’s venerable Making Sense podcast: #301 – The Politics of Unreality: Ukraine and Nuclear Risk, where he interviews Dr. Timothy Snyder.

Dr. Snyder is the Levin Professor of History and Global Affairs at Yale University and a permanent fellow at the Institute for Human Sciences in Vienna. He is the author of a dozen books, including the bestsellers On Tyranny, Our Malady, The Road to Unfreedom, Black Earth, and Bloodlands. His work has been translated into forty languages and received a number of prizes, including the literature award of the American Academy of Art and Letters, the Hannah Arendt Prize, and the Leipzig Book Prize for European Understanding.

The interview with Dr. Snyder rectifies reams of misinformation about the war.

We urge all customers who are unclear about our rationale for boycotting Russia to listen to that episode by Sam Harris.

Hookmark enables our customers to add integration in their Hookmark instance to any app that they want. Hookmark has an open Script Editor. And Hookmark has an AppleScript interface, so it is possible for anyone with automation skills to sync up with any bookmarking app. But we will not integrate with a Russian company until Russia gets out of Ukraine.

1 Like

I had no idea. Thanks for clarifying and I certainly agree with the rationale.

1 Like

Hi, i support the boycott of russian companies.
However, the dev says he was born and works in Kazakstan — see this Twitter thread and his LinkedIn. The domain Raindrop.io is registered in Kazakstan. Of course, that could all be faked, but from the available information it does not seem like a russian company.

1 Like