PDFpen Pro (by Nitro) - Deep linking broken lately

could you please run this from Terminal and let us know the result:

osascript -e 'id of app "<YourPDFProName>'"

please replace "<YourPDFProName>" with the name.

( Do you have multiple versions of Nitro?)

also could you please try this:

paste the markdown link here, wrapped in code , using the formatting toolbar button above: </>

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. I have PDFpenPro2 and Nitro PDF Pro installed, but I am currently using the latter. I tried the command in terminal but nothing happened with osascript -e 'id of app "NitroPDFPro” - not sure what I am doing wrong there.

I downloaded the Lamontagne document and selected text on p.183 (p.188) of the pdf, which gave me this as a markdown link: [LamontagneC_1976redux.pdf](hook://file/KQSYuz5Dr?p=Y2hyaXN0b3BoZXJsYW5nbGV5L0Rvd25sb2Fkcw==&n=LamontagneC%5F1976redux%2Epdf#p=188&x=61.44&y=692.69)

I have Mac OSX Ventura 13.0 and Hookmark 4.0

Sorry to bump, but still looking for a fix. Thanks.

Sorry, please try this ( replace with your Nitro PDF Name):

osascript -e 'id of app "You Nitro PDF Name"'

Thanks. I receive this response:

com.gonitro.NitroPDFPro.retail

Sorry I have tried different ways to reproduce the problem but still no luck. Is it possible that you create a short video for this issue, which might give us some hint?

@jacob , any idea what @langley might be experience. We can’t reproduce this. We did a screencast recently that will be published with Setapp which illustrates it is working well for us.

@langley Maybe you have pressed No once to allowing Hook to control Nitro PDF Pro? Check the automation settings for Hookmark in System Preferences. Is there a checkmark next to Nitro PDF Pro?
Also, is Nitro PDF Pro the application that opens the PDF file when you launch the hook for the deep link?

Is the problem that Hookmark doesn’t scroll the document to the correct page when that special link is clicked or that you can’t create the link? What of the document is already opened (but on a different page), does it work then?

1 Like