Links not clickable? [for this, Sublime text requires plugin, Joplin : render mode]

Link is clickable in one app but not the other. How can I improve this to work with as many apps as possible?

Example of Sublime text not working as expected:

1 Like

No reply must mean this is a stupid question. Sorry about that.

I’m quite excited about Hook, checking and searching about this every day. Yet, I must miss something.

I know apps need to be supported to be dee linkable. However, at least keystroke emulation should kick in if that’s not working correctly.

Obviously, I’ve enabled the accessibility service etc.

The problem appears to be with those apps not with Hook.

Sublime text needs a plug-in to make URLs clickable.

Joplin needs to be in render view. How to make hyperlinks work - #5 by jb261 - Support - Joplin Forum

2 Likes

thanks for asking, @Bob , and thanks for answering @stevelw .
I’ve added Steve’s answer to the title to make it easier to parse this. I’ve also added a note in the Sublime entry of the Linkable Mac Apps page , with a link to this topic.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help. I’ve made the changes.

Could links in unsupported apps be handled more quickly?

For example, when the link is raw and unclickable, maybe there is a utility to speed up copy and pasting? Perhaps by holding a hotkey, then the area around the cursor is scanned for links and maybe even actions done according to whatever it finds in the selection. Certain characters such as a space around the link guide finding the links.

Is there something out there like this?

I find it hard to get emotionally invested enough to use Hook because there’s this anxiety around unsupported apps/situations.

I hope this is useful feedback.

You can copy a URL , invoke LaunchBar, and paste it there.
Sublime’s link handling issue are not specific to Hook. However, we’ve been long planned to add a “go to URL in clipboard” function to Hook.

One could write a utility to “go to selected URL” .

1 Like

Pasting into Spotlight also works.

2 Likes

Seems sublime isn’t making those links clickable anymore

version is 4126

Have you installed the Sublime plugin from comment 4?

Yes. I thought it was working because as you can see from the screenshot, it’s underlining hyperlinks and has made them clickable.