Link to application as a whole if not granted control permission

If a user denies permission to Hook.app to control a particular app, rather than displaying “No linkable item found in …” it would be nice if it linked to the application as a whole. So, in the example below if the user clicks “Don’t allow” just linking to Chronicle.app - if that is doable?

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 5.01.47 PM
(Note that the buttons usually aren’t greyed out, just when I took the screenshot I didn’t have it selected).

Thanks, and awesome job with such a fantastic app!!

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum, @DanielBritten, and thanks for asking.

Hook 2.0 will enable users to perform some operations that are not for particular documents within an app. That will go part way towards your request.

We implemented most of what we called “app level” linking last August-Sept, but decided not to publish it yet. That feature enabled users to hook item to an entire app, rather than to particular documents within the app. We will revisit that after Hook 2.0, which we expect to release this summer.

Thank you for the kind words about our work with respect to Hook. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Thank you for the informative answer, I look forward to Hook 2.0 and further improvements :slight_smile:

1 Like