Hook doesn't work with Mailmate anymore?

Tonight, I can’t get Hook to work with Mailmate.
Running MM 1.14 (5757) and Hook 2.2.2 (4009) with script 162

Does anyone have similar issues?

MailMate wasn’t available for Big Sur for a while. And now it is available but not recommended by the dev. I did a quick test of Version 1.14 (5757) : Big Sur ( 11.2.2 (20D80)), and it works . I’ll try with 11.3 after updating this particular mac)

Are you seeing No linkable item found in MailMate? If so, anything here apply. Someone reported that a new macOS update affected accessibility permissions for an app , which he needed to reset.

or is it possible you’ve overridden the script?

2 Likes

For me the scripts work with MailMate 1.14 (5757) and Big Sur 11.2.3.

1 Like

Ok, my mac was probably in need of coffee, because now it works, and i’ve done nothing that in can think of, apart from locking my screen and unlocking it (which, coincidentally, I need to do to disable the “secure input” that messes with Keyboard Maestro, Textexpander, et al… - is Hook affected by “secure input”?)
I’ll flag this under “forget unless it happens again” - thanks both for taking the time to help!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Hook Productivity Forum , @bjornivarsson. Thanks for letting us know.

I meant to write “11.2.3 (20D91)”. confirmed it works for me too there.

I don’t think that applies to Hook.

A security connection of mine mentioned that Big Sur’s permissions management may have issues, where it revokes granted permissions. I have not found that publicly documented yet (need to search again), but it is consistent with reports here.

1 Like